HealthLandscape has developed a set of online mapping tools (Mapping High Risk Areas for COVID-19) to help states and metropolitan areas identify high risk populations for severe illness from COVID-19. The tools are based on the number of COVID-19 cases by county and factors that may increase the risk of severe illness from COVID-191, including the following:
- Ages 65 and older,
- Reside in nursing homes or long-term care facilities,
- Chronic lung disease or asthma,
- Heart conditions,
- Immunocompromised, which include undergoing cancer treatment or smokers,
- Severe obesity,
- Diabetes, and
- Chronic Kidney Disease.
Mapping High Risk Areas for COVID-19 also allows users to create a COVID-19 Patient Profile by uploading ZIP code level counts of COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, or deaths. The Profile tool will create a service area map of the user’s COVID-19 population, while linking the ZIP codes to dozens of health and social determinants of health measures. Users can then explore the community characteristics of areas being hardest hit by the COVID-19 pandemic.
For more information on using Mapping High Risk Areas for COVID-19, please register for one our webinars at https://www.healthlandscape.org/webinar-training.cfm.
Current webinar schedule (all times Eastern):
- COVID-19: Linking COVID-19 Data to Social Determinants of Health in Your Community using HealthLandscape
- Thursday, 5/14/2020, 2:00 PM
- Tuesday, 5/19/2020, 2:00 PM
- Wednesday, 6/3/2020, 2:00 PM
- COVID-19: Mapping High-Risk Areas in Your Community using HealthLandscape
- Thursday, 5/14/2020, 1:00 PM
- Tuesday, 5/19/2020, 1:00 PM
- Wednesday, 6/3/2020, 1:00 PM