The Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky has a new webinar series for data users called Go to the Source! We were honored to be the first presenter for the series.
Health Informatics Specialist Jené Grandmont gave an overview of geographic information systems (GIS) terminology as well as a demonstration of HealthLandscape‘s QuickMaps, QuickGeocodes, and QuickThemes tools. You can view her entire presentation here:
The Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky is a fantastic source of health information data for Kentuckians. The Foundation partners with The Health Foundation of Greater Cincinnati to conduct the annual Kentucky Health Issues Poll (click here to download results), and also conducts surveys and other targeted research initiatives.
The Go to the Source! webinar series is designed to introduce researchers, epidemiologists, grant writers, community benefit specialists, and others who use health data to key health data tools and resources that are available for Kentucky. Upcoming webinars include:
- May 14: Kentucky Medicaid Pharmaceutical Utilization Guide (Michael Childress, Research Associate, University of Kentucky)
- May 21: Kentucky Health Issues Poll and OASIS (Jennifer Chubinski, Director of Community Research, Health Foundation of Greater Cincinnati, and Mark Carrozza, Health Informatics Developer, HealthLandscape)
- June 11: Kentucky State Data Center (Michael Price, State Demographer, Kentucky State Data Center)
- July 9: Kentucky Parent Survey (Sarah Walsh, Knowledge Officer, Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky)
- July 16: KIDS COUNT Data Center 2.0 (Amy Swann, Senior Policy Analyst, Kentucky Youth Advocates)
Sign up for the webinars at Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky’s Events, Workshops, and Webinars page.